SDS011 suddenly no longer available

Yes, my one is installed like the first scheme.

I mounted the sensor and other components on din-rail in a big electronic box. A silicone hose ~30-40cm goes outside the box. The Box has near the SDS011 a hole protected with mesh to let the air from the fan goes outside the box. Next weekend I’ll post a picture. Maybe someone can see where the problem is

1 Like

Have you tried to briefly remove it from the power outlet? Simply rebooting does not always work, you also need to power cycle it.

Thank you! A power cycle did the trick :smiley:

You are welcome. :grinning:
That seems to happen a lot, I wonder how many have experienced this.

At least one person… :slight_smile:

My installation is hard wired. It’s not easy to power cycle. That’s the reason I only tried to reboot. Have to install a sonoff or Shelly for next time :wink:

Make it two, please.

2 Likes

Yes, I remember there are many threads about this.

Perhaps I should have said "how many have not experienced this"instead. :grin:

1 Like

Here the pictures of my installation

BME 280 and Display

Red light on SDS ? Push RST.
And fan noise?

It is working now. A power cycle was needed. Installed today a sonoff in another junction box where the cable comes from to be able to remote power cycle for the next time :wink:

1 Like

That looks cool! If you have space in your case, a horizontal orientanion of the SDS011 might save you from a noisy fan later.

Is that a heating element in the inlet? Was this custom?

I assume you mean the PCB under the ESP? No this is just a breakout board. The ESP board is just plugged into it. So i can change the ESP board without dealing with cables and connectors.My first plan was to power the ESP also with 5 volt via the breakout board but I got it only running with supplying it via the USB-port. The sensor box lives under my Carport thus I hear nothing from it. On the other hand if there is some Fan noise it not really will bug me :stuck_out_tongue:

Not the PCB
I mean this.
2022-11-28 004058
:slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, this is only Filter with cuttet mesh for PC case fans. I used this part and scaled it down till the silicone hose fits on it. The three rings are for keep the mesh in place.

Link to the Filter
https://www.printables.com/model/72605-kp-engineering-s38-filter-cleaning-fixture

1 Like

@Moebius, how much time and effort did you invest in these sensors. I would like to install a similar one… :slight_smile:

This was not a one weekend project :wink: If you want to rebuild it I can try to bring together the links to the parts as well as printed parts.

1 Like

I published all things I could find on printables :smiley:
https://www.printables.com/model/327415-printable-parts-for-luftdaten-project

2 Likes