Node not found in database (does not like wrong chip id)

I found the related post (Node not found in database) which was about a mistyped ID. In this case, the ID seems correct. The data shows up on madavi, but I’m not seeing data on sensor.community, and the logs show this error:

## Sending to sensor.community - SDS011
Request failed with error: 403
Details:{"detail":"Node not found in database."}
Temperature (°C): 22.37
Pressure (hPa): 101174.34
Humidity (%): 80.60
----
## Sending to sensor.community - BME280
## Sending to madavi.de: 
Succeeded - api-rrd.madavi.de
Time foPM10:  22.85
PM2.5: 9.55
----
Temperature (°C): 22.31
Pressure (hPa): 101179.03
Humidity (%): 80.90
----

(seems like there’s a race condition of multiple writers to the log file, but the important parts are visible).

… continuing in a reply because my user level does not allow me to add more links or images…

This is a freshly set up Airrohr as per the instructions. It ships data fine to madavi:

… continuing in a reply because my user level does not allow me to add more links or images…

I can’t get it to send anything to sensor.community however. The only configuration I did was swap the originally activated temp sensor to the BME280:

On devices.sensor.community, it’s configured like this:

But I see no data:

:thinking:

(Sorry again for all the replies, didn’t find another way to post the explanatory screenshots as a new user because of the forum’s spam protection).

Hi @looper-san,
Have you checked it the sensor is plugged in completely? Make sure that you have a router or WLAN-repeater next to the sensor. My sensor also didn’t have enough signal to measure…
Kind regards, Ben

Hi @Ben21, thanks for taking the time to respond. I provided a bunch of screenshots of the data showing in the internal web interface as well as on madavi.de, and sensor.community is responding with an error code and an error message. So we can rule out a WiFi/connectivity issue, I would say.

1 Like

True. Where did you buy it? Maybe it’s not flashed correctly… ?

I bought the parts on Aliexpress via the links supplied in the tutorial and did the flashing myself. It seems to me like the board, sensors and the software are working correctly.

But a misconfiguration causes sensor.community to reject the readings, while madavi.de accepts them.

In that case I would contact “tech@sensor.community”… (support)

Did you try restarting it? (plug-out, wait, plug-in)

Yes, the device has been restarted multiple times. I appreciate the effort @Ben21, but let’s leave room for somebody who has some specific ideas.

Are you 100% sure that the configuration is the same in the sensor and on devices.sensor.community ? Maybe you have to swicth the order.

Actually yes. I have never seen this.

Very good point @pjg, thank you. It’s even visible in the logs that the data submitted for BME280 was PM readings, not temp. :exploding_head: I have switched the order of the sensors on devices.sensor.community (now it’s SDS011 first, BME280 second). It didn’t change anything, though.

I don’t see any order of sensors that can be configured on the NodeMCU, and it’s weird that it attempts to send temperature data to a SDS011:

Temperature (°C): 22.37
Pressure (hPa): 101174.34
Humidity (%): 80.60

It’s odd that it works for madavi, opensensebox, etc. and just not for sensor.community. Maybe @ricki-z has an idea :pray:

You have a device with an esp8266 module (NodeMCU) but have registered an esp32. This is why api.sensor.community rejects your data. I’ve changed the registration to the right type. The data should be shown now.

2 Likes

That’s it, thanks a lot for solving this @ricki-z.