Could not open port 'COMx':Permission Error13

Hello,
I bought a development board IoT ESP8266 Lua NodeMcu V3 WIFI ver 0.1 modul, installed the drivers from sestavení - postav si svůj vlastní senzor vzduchu 💨 and i can’t flash the firmware.

The utility displays an error: Cannot configgure port, something went wrong. Original message: PermissionError (13, None, 5)

I connected the board using the Arduino IDE:

esp_air

I tried two USB cables on two devices, the situation is the same. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you

airRohr firmware flasher: 0.3.2 x64
Arduino IDE: 2.0.4

Try these drivers: http://www.wch.cn/downloads/file/5.html
But I am not sure they work for WIndows 11.

Hi, just making sure - are you flashing with all the cables (SDS011 and BME280) disconnected? Just the plain board?

Unfortunately, the situation is the same

Yes, of course. Flash only board.

1 Like

I found a tutorial from user pjg. It looks like this tutorial managed to upload the firmware.

Thank you for your help

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this here. It should also be said a corresponding bin file needs to be flashed from this download link:
https://firmware.sensor.community/airrohr/update/

you need to select it in the Config tab. Cheers.

Hello everyone,
I’m not familiar with forum rules so I’m sorry if I’m doing a dig up I shoudn’t but I’m exactly having the same issue as explained in this topic. I’ve tried the tutorial KevinarCZ talked about:
I downloaded the ESP8266flasher.exe but it doesn’t work, the small blue chip keeps turning like it’s loading, but nothing else happen… should I modify the entries in “Config”?
I’m really confused because this is really not my area of expertise so I’m just trying things and never sure if I’m doing them right.
I have 36 boards, 4 of them I tried and I’m always having the PermissionError (13, None, 5) error in the airrohr flasher…

Thank you for your help

The COM Port is used by something else. The Arduino IDE? The SC flasher?
Try to close any app which can get access to the COM port or restart your computer.

Do you have GPIO0 connected to GND? What FW are you uploading?

Thank you for your replies !
I am trying to upload the airrohr flasher.
I tried many many things, and one seems to have worked, I just hoped I haven’t made a mistake but I read about deep sleep and figured that maybe it was that. So I “woke” the board, flashed with the ESP8266Flasher.exe pjg sent in the other topic and it seems to be ok… I am not 100% convinced since once again, I am sure about pretty much nothing in this and I am still unable to flash it with the Airrohr firmware but this is better than nothing I guess?
Have a good day!

1 Like