WEMOS D1 PRO Mini not reading BME280

@nephilim

Many thanks.

Presumably I can point the airRohr firmware flashing App to this beta build having downloaded it?

I cant enable auto update because I cant make an AP using latest.bin on this WEMOS d1 Pro Mini. I can knock up my own sketch and get an AP which is very frustrating.

Not sure about airrohr app being able to flash beta releases. But you can download and flash the firmware with other tools. On Mac I use nodemcu-pyflasher. There is a windows executable, too. (link)

Note, I am by no means an expert! There are much more capable people on this forum and hopefully correct me in case I am giving bad advice.

@nephilim

Thanks for the link.

& @irukard

Curiosity question it possible to do ones own build?
I would have switched the I2C to D5/D7 and turned off auto update until such time as I had a working solution on D3/D4.

Me again :slight_smile: Yes, pull the code from github, adapt & compile it in Visual Studio and flash it. Has worked beautifully in the past over here.

@nephilim

Can you point me to the exact Github repository please.

https://github.com/opendata-stuttgart/sensors-software/tree/beta

There are several ways to get it onto your machine (see “Code” button)

@nephilim

Awesome.
Now I can get a temp solution up and running while I work on my stuborn WEMOS AP ability…

Thank you so much

@pjg
@irukard

I get the following message on Serial Monitor 74880 Baud when I reset the MCU

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

*load 0x4010f000, len 3584, room 16 *
tail 0
chksum 0x55
csum 0x55
csum err
ets_main.c

Does this explain why I cant see an AP

Thx

Seems to be connected with the power supply: ESP-12E troubleshooting (rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)) · Issue #2414 · esp8266/Arduino · GitHub
But not only…
How do you flash the board?

@pjg

Powered from my Laptop usb port. That is how I see the serial monitor message.
I flash with airRohr -firmware-flasher-0.3.2-Windows.amd64.exe
Never been a problem before. It appears to be this board and it’s the only board I have where everything else is working.
I can flash it using Arduino IDE and it does the WiFi scan example no problem.

@irukard , @pjg , @nephilim , @Mogwaika

Final update guys and for any others who have followed this post.
I looked to purchase a WEMOS Mino Pro from Nettigo but no delivery option for UK. Brexit issue I assume.
So I bought a LOLIN Mini Pro from Hobby Electronics. I flashed it with the latest_en.bin and it all worked as expected and is now publishing results.
It just shows how important it is to buy reputable MCU’s although I do wish you could select one with the external antenna enabled by default to avoid that fiddley job. Done now.
Many thanks for you help.

Mark

Hello…Same issue with HW serial (with impaired serial logging) association and SW serial association (for illustration GPIO14&GPIO12). As you’ll see such boot circles can be replicated only if S8 gadget was enacted (you’ll be able discover it’s SN). Moreover this boot circles will going up on the off chance that gadget was detached (no serial transmission from sensor). It’s see like a few ESPEasy FW trigger was strangely changed at that point S8 was included in dynamic state and a few information was gotten.