Temperature shows -141.63 °C

Hi, been using the sensor for a while now, but for a few weeks the temperature shows -141.63 °C constantly. A reboot didn’t help. Any suggestions? Todays actual temp is somewhere around 4-6°C.

(SDS011 & BME280)

Solved: A combination of rebooting again and unplugging the power supply seems to have helped finally. So far I only tried one or the other, never both.

1 Like

Look like a bit shifting because of connections or insufficient power supply.

Sadly the issue keeps recurring, usually with the said -141.63 °C. Sometimes the sensor stops displaying temperature (meaning it displays 0.00 °C constantly). Again, unpluging power, repluging and then rebooting helps. I dismounted the whole AirRohr (Wanted to add insect mesh anyways) and checked all cables and connectors, all seems good. The power adapter and power cable are from the kit I bought (Nettigo: Sensor.community KIT (SDS011/BME280), English language, harness cable edition [Nettigo]).

Hi,
It can be a byte shifting but I don’t understand why it would happen continuously.

Check the USB charger. I must be at least 1500 mA.

It’s 2000 mA.

Things got even stranger, since the last reset it shows the - 141.6 °C on sensor.community mapa, but in the Feinstaub App and it’s Android Gadget it shows correct values (31.42°C atm). :thinking::face_with_spiral_eyes:

Double checked, but right now even no data at all from BME280 on sensor community.

Is the same sensor configured on the webinterface and in devices.sensor.community ?
Please send screenshots and the IDs of your sensor (the both map and esp).

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Are these the screens you are asking for?

Left side is devices.sensor.community, right side is web interface of the local device:

My sensor ID on the map is sensor #76256

Hi,
I have a similar problem running the same configuration. SDS011 and BME280.
On my side I do get always -145.70 Degrees C. I don’t think that this is a bit flip, because then I would expect to see different numbers and not always the same. I also had to change the esp8622 once and it occurred almost one year later again on this new module.
Any other idea?
Kind regards
rg98

Are you sure everything is WELL soldered ? I have already seen BME280 with non-soldered pins…
Check for the oxidation of the pins/solder and if need wash with contact liquid.
It can’t be a software issue. I have some BME wich work on some ESP8266 for 5 years or more.