Sensor resetting everthing up

Hey guys,
a year ago I tried almost got my sensor working and was just checking some things for the BME280 as it didn’t give me all values. I remember that I tried around a little, but really do have really unspecific memory on what I did.

So one thing to check if its working properly:
once plugged in, the fan of the SDS011 runs continously and a red led is blinking

What did I do:
after everything was assembled I reload the firmware on the esp.
I further on wanted to test the sensors here:

Obviously it doesn’t find it as I am not in the Network of the Sensor.
I do remember setting everything up last time. Probably that is why I don’t see a Network named “airrohr something”.
I can still see, that the sensor is registered but doesn’t take data.

What could I do from here to get back on track?
Thanks in advance!

esp8266 - 13107338
SDS011 75736
BME280 75780

The sensor emitted once in 2022:

Please check the internet connection. If the fan of the sds011 runs continuously, it means that the sensor is not connected to the internet and the network airrohr-13107338 should be visible.

Is the sensor registered well on
The ID for the BME should be +1 the ID of the SDS011

Hey pjg,

thanks for the fast reply and for the guiding to the proper checking website.

I did check on my laptop for an additional WiFi connection, but it didn’t pop up.
As it is the same WiFi connection it might be still connected to this one. Then again the continuous fan would be weird.

The sensors are registered. They have a little different ID due to an additional (lateron) register of the BME, thanks to you guys :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably best approach I could think of would be to start in a new WiFi-network? I will try to do this today.


The sensors are registered. They have a little different ID due to an additional (lateron) register of the BME, thanks to you guys :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t understand how you have succeeded to do that…

Have you tried to find the network with a smartphone ?
Are you sure SDS011 is selected both in the webinterface and in

Can you read the USB logs of the sensor ?

In this thread:

you helped me setting up the second sensor after the first setup was finished. Probably because there was some time in between the ID is not incremented by only one but multiples.

I connected the sensor via USB to my Laptop in a WiFi the sensor shouldn’t know yet. Neither on my Laptop nor my smartphone I can see a network popping up.

I saw that it is registered on the webinterface (that you sent me) and in the (picture attached)

The Laptop detects the usb of the sensor:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter

I am not sure if that’s the log you were asking for, but here everything seems alright (maybe apart from the break control?):

[ 1747.313899] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
[ 1747.454858] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523, bcdDevice= 2.54
[ 1747.454873] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 1747.454879] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0-Ser!
[ 1747.457221] ch341 1-1:1.0: ch341-uart converter detected
[ 1747.457872] ch341-uart ttyUSB0: break control not supported, using simulated break
[ 1747.458037] usb 1-1: ch341-uart converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Using minicom to capture the log file, I just receive an empty one.
(Baudrate 9600 8N1)

Thanks for the help!

Okay, I just setup the environment for the esp8266 up on VisulaStudio Code via Platformio, uploaded a Blink example. This worked. After uploading your firmware again it does now show up in my networks.
Seems it just needed a good reset that didn’t work via ‘Erase Flash’ for some reason.

Thanks for the help and time! I think I’m back on track now.