Sensor kit available on amazon / ebay is compatible?

Hi everyone, I’m quite new to this world, but really fashinated.
I would like to build some stations and put them outside variuous houses : mine, parents, friends and so on :slight_smile:

Since I’d like to to buy some sensors, and pay my myself, I’m doing a bit of search, and I’ve noticed that on amazon / ebay are available some SDS011 kits , that are a little bit cheaper, but I can’t understand if they are fully compatible.

here an example (there are various kits from various sellers)

Could anyone help me ?

Hi,
It is a SDS011 which is fully compatible with Sensor.Community but it is not a kit but the sensor and an USB2TTL dongle for developing (I use some for programming sometimes but if you can’t use python or the Arduino IDE it might not be very useful for you). Anyway you would maybe need the white cable.

In order to built a SC sensor:
https://sensor.community/en/sensors/airrohr/

You will need at least an ESP8266 board and a few cable.

Components

• NodeMCU ESP8266 CPU/WLAN
  • SDS011 Fine dust sensor
  • BME280 6-PIN, temperature & humidity & air pressure
  • Dupont Cable female/female
  • USB cable e.g.: flat 2m Micro-USB
  • Power supply USB: current = at least 2 A
  • Flexible tube, if possible not transparent, diameter 6 mm, length approx. 20cm DIY store
  • Weather protection, Marley Silent HT Arc DN 75 87° or something like this

So to get It ready ASAP , you would rather suggest to buy the preflashed One ? Sorry for the stupid question, I still can’t figure out what the effort could be to get the amazon / ebay sensor fully operating. Apart from the flashing, which Is not a problem, this could be working on a Raspberry Pi 2, or i Need more effort? Programming Is not my best skill :slight_smile:

Thank you again

So to get It ready ASAP , you would rather suggest to buy the preflashed One ?

Not really. If you follow the instructions it is really easy to flash the board with our firmware flasher.

I still can’t figure out what the effort could be to get the amazon / ebay sensor fully operating.

It is no sensor. It is just one of the parts.

this could be working on a Raspberry Pi 2

Our sensor is not using a Rasp Pi but an ESP8266. If you want to use a Rasp PI you have to program a whole firmware in python…

Please read the instruction carefully: https://sensor.community/en/sensors/airrohr/