RGB led indicator

Various displays can be connected in the software to show sensor values or other feedback.

My idea, which would also fit in this list of feedback, is an RGB LED. With this LED you can indicate whether the sensor is online or offline, and see if the sensor values are positive. Show if there are sensors waiting for something or there is an error message.

All with colors and with flashing in different sequences.

1 Like

This ?

1 Like

it’s a good idea your projetc…
could you describe in detail how to do it, it would be a nice path for school pupils to place where all students see it every day entering the classroom

Hi,

Have you read the README.md of the Github ?
You just have to flash the code in an ESP8266 with platformio, plug the components and it works. Then you do exactly the same as for a SC sensor to enter the config and choose the sensors of interest.

It call APIs automatically.

It could be also programmed otherwise on a larger matrix to look like a chess board.

@Richard There is another project StofAnanas with only the LED function. It loads the online PM data from the closest sensor or one sensor you can configure.

However, I support your idea of having an RGB LED output just integrated in the airrohr firmware. This would make it possible to see the air quality from much more distance than with any display. Favorable would be with the possibility to choose the colors relating to PM.

Hi,
The problem is that you need pins and there is no more available ones I can remember.
Maybe on an ESP32…