Please try my android app. It uses opensensemap datasource

I have published android application for notifying about PM levels:
Air Quality and Pollution: Luftdaten

It shows air quality data on the map.

So please use it, maybe it would be helpful.
I would appreciate feedback.

My another Air quality apps:

1. Air Quality and Pollution: openSenseMap
  2. Air Quality Index: know AQI around the world

Alex

2 Likes

Hi,

Could you make a PWA version that could be run on IOS? That would double your reach for Users.

Good work. Hope to see a PWA version soon.

kind regards

Peter

We don’t use Luftdaten name anymore. Now it’s Sensor.Community

Indeed but it is like the corona virus it always comes back. I just realise people in France who I told 100 times to use Sensor.Community just booked a meeting I will attend next week with Luftdaten everywhere in the presentation…

1 Like

OK, will change it in next release :slight_smile:

Looks like I have a pipeline full of android projects :slight_smile:

Just wanted to try and installed it, but the app doesn’t run on lineageos.

The change to sensor.community was just recently and luftdaten.info has quite a long history. I can very much understand that people need time to realize the use of Sensor.community.

Beside of this I think the old name was very clear and precise, while the new one sounds more like a general maker place not focussed on luftdaten. At least I didn’t see any explanation why it was changed. I would suggest to do some PR and display the reasons on the webpages until everybody has realized this. The way this is criticized is a bit arrogant. However this peace of software is named it supports the idea of this community, doesn’t it?

wow - looks like you don’t have Google play installed on your phone :confused: So any app which use Google service will not work - like Google Pay, Google Maps etc.

I did not want to sound arrogant. Sorry! We changed the name 2 years ago and officially launched the Sensor.Community global platform in Januar 2020. The explanation is: the project is no more local in Stuttgart but global. And actually Russians disliked the German name…

Sorry capturing this thread! Just a last message here.

@pjg Accepted! And thank you for your kind reply. I regulary see the forum so I am even more suprised to hear, that the name was changed in January 2020. I would suggest again to have an explanation, for example a banner, at the places where everybody goes to, including luftdaten.info and sensor.community. The direct links on luftdaten.info to sensor.community are very confusing, they doesn’t make visible you will be forwarded to another webpage, at I didn’t understand it.

However, I understood the reason and very much appreciate the globalisation. And of course, an English name is much more global!

There are some google services if you install opengapps on Lineageos. For privacy reasons I prefer to use as little as possible software from google. There are other services like www.openstreetmap.org which sensor.community uses and android can use other location providers like MozillaNLPBackend.

Beside this I am living in China where all google services are blocked anyway, so I couldn’t regulary use them. Any software using Google Maps for example doesn’t work here, if you don’t use a VPN and most Chinese people doesn’t have one - your app can’t be used by most people here. This just as some background info.

Cheers, Marcus

Could you please tell me why russian opinions matters today?

Their also humans! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could you add the simple weather data too? Tenperature, air pressure, rh? It would help a lot.

hi Geert!

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:
I will add it a bit later, but I can’t say when I will have time for it

Alex

@Alex Just checked your apps.

me.breather.luftdäten doesn’t show my sensor (loaded up to sensor.community 19570 esp8266-14230368 and opensensemap #5e92d11edf8258001beac6d2).

me.breather.opensensemap shows only my indoor sensor (opensensemap #5e92d11edf8258001beac6cb) but not above mentioned outdoor sensor. Data from indoor sensors is not made for a public display of air quality and should at least marked as such.

me.breather.aqicn doesn’t display my first mentioned sensor, too, even if it is shown at aqicn.org.

I am living in China, for this case its great you decided to use other maps than google maps, as all google services are blocked in China.