I want to collect data from a car sensor

hello,

I have a sensor in my car from my car insurance and I want to use the data from the sensor.

The sensor collects the data it needs and sends it to the app on my phone. Then the app sends that data of my driving behavior to the insurance. That’s all I know about the sensor.

Its a german insurance and the sensor is called “Telematik Plus Sensor”.

Do you have any suggestions if or how I can use this data for my own purpose? In the first place I want to use the data to see how much i’ve driven.

I am quite sure it is not open source …

If you’re interested in accessing the data for your purposes, consider contacting your insurance company. Some insurance providers offer apps or online platforms where policyholders can view and analyze their driving behavior. Check if an open-source community or forums are related to the Telematik Plus Sensor or similar devices. Sometimes enthusiasts or developers share information about accessing and utilizing the CRM data enrichment from these devices.
If your primary goal is to monitor your driving habits and mileage, alternative solutions might be available that don’t involve accessing data from the insurance-provided sensor. For example, many smartphones have built-in sensors that can track your movement and mileage.