How to 'send to own API'?

In the sensor settings I can see that in addition to the default servers (‘sensor community’ and Madavi) I could add other servers, among which my own device (‘send to own API’)
Now, I may have missed it, but I can’t find any description of what I have to do to get that.
I have some servers permanently available but very little competence… Is there a possibility to send by FTP (??), or to run a very simple php script to record the data?
Thank you!
Hervé

1 Like

Third party API/own API is any API which can accept data from sensor in JSON format.
AFAIK this is the same format like you get on /data.json URL on sensor.

I don’t know what You want to achieve, but if Sensor.Community is not enough maybe AQI.eco is something to consider. It collects Your data, allow You to create dashboards with simple graphic info about air quality.

AQI.eco advantage is that is does not depend on ESP8266 chip ID. For non technical folks - if Your sensor gets damaged, then You can replace it and still send data to the same URL, so You will get keep sensor history…

1 Like

Thank you @netmaniac !
In fact I just would like to record, almost ‘locally’, the data I get (I have two devices, in two places).
Ideally I’d like to find a simple php script that I’d run on a small server (where I already have a wiki, a NextCloud instance… at this moment).
Simplicity is key for me, I’m not very competent :woozy_face:

@Herve5 there is a sample script at madavi-api/data_simple.php at master · opendata-stuttgart/madavi-api · GitHub that you could use for this.

2 Likes

Thank you @ricki-z , that seems to be exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for. I’ll try it as soon as I can!