Bug on the map when zooming in

Hi there,

I think I noticed a bug on the sensor.community map.
Since a few days, when I zoom on the map on my sensor, I can only see a “generic sensor” number #67340. For rural areas, it is not a big deal as you do not need to zoom in to check your sensor but for urban areas it is getting trikier to find your sensor. Did you also notice this or I am the only one having this issue ? Many thanks, Best regards from Grenoble.

The site is quite slow, sometimes, so slow that I don’t wait and try again later. Probably has to do with traffic. Anyway, it seems you can’t zoom in any further than this:

When I do this, I do get to see individual sensors. From your screen shot, there are two right near each other, near the corner of Boulevard Clemenceau and Avenue Jean Perrot. It puts them side by side if they are on the same address, front and back of house.

Does that answer your question a bit?

Salut!
Rolf

1 Like

Hi Rolf, thanks for your support. Actually those two sensors are mine and I have to change the gps coordinates so that they match perfectly because they are placed on the same window :slight_smile: The problem I had just got solved because when I zoom in, I can see properly the devices number (I don’t see anylonger #67340 appearing). So all fine !!!
Cheers,
Regards from France

1 Like

Hello, this bug is still existing and was raised by another user on Twitter recently. Have a nice day and thanks for all your work ! Regards from Grenoble

Is it in map.sensor.community or in the iframe on sensor.community ?
I can’t reproduce the issue.

OK It seems to be a problem with the size of the hexbin when the zoom level is high. The bin is bigger than the colored hexagon. So when two sensors are close you can detect the other one. I fear it is an issue in the hexbin.js library. The solution is to zoom out until the 2 hexagons agregate and then click again. I will have to do stuff soon on the map. I will try to find a solution.

Good luck and thanks !!